From Birmingham’s Friendly Fire label comes this seven-track release of versions around the Black Cab rhythm, which itself is derived from the classic Sly and Robbie Taxi rhythm.
It opens with Earl Sixteen’s impressive and crystal-clear vocal/dub over the basic rhythm track. Entitled ‘As We Come In’, it’s a fine start to this collection followed through by several contrasting versions including ‘Woman Dressed in Black’ by Owancemus with a new and melodic vocal treatment. The final track is credited to the Friendly Fire Band and is a great old-school dub version of the basic rhythm.
This is the full track listing.
- Earl Sixteen: As We Come In
- Cheshire Cat: Nuh Badda Mash Up
- Owancemus : Woman Dressed in Black
- Jah Mooly : All Kinda People
- Richie Culture : Queen of Mine
- Myki Tuff : Tek Weh
- Friendly Fire Band : Black Cab Version
Turn up the bass and enjoy!
Friendly Fire Band: Black Cab Riddim, release 30th June 2023